Exclusive Interview Session With Up And Coming Rapper Cypher

Jason James better known as Cypher is a Nigerian rapper from kogi state, born and brought up in Kaduna state but currently based in Lagos state. He started rapping in the year 2011. He is currently signed to a record label Monarchy Music. Cypher is an up and coming artist who has great work ethic and projects waiting to be heard


kreativemindz9ja: For how long have you been rapping and how did you get started?

Cypher: I started rapping 2011, this year makes it the 6th year. Before I started rapping I was dancing with my church crew called "SEAT OF WISDOM"(sow crew) then a friend of mine"Reorn" saw the talent in me and told me to try rapping and that's it, I gave it more time and here I am today

kreativemindz9ja: what inspired you?

Cypher: My inspiration came from people, situations, and happenings around me and the world, I saw music as a force and a power to recon with so I felt if we could Channel it into doing good, the world situation will be solved, because music is a voice that melt everyone's heart.

Kreativemindz9ja: how many songs have you released ever since?

Cypher: I have 7songs I did personally before joining my new record "Monarchy Musik" my songs under Monarchy Music are 3 songs, Deju_Tateh , AmJesus which I shot video for and also my new song that's coming out soon ALWAYSHERE also have new songs coming out soon too with my record mates Kharis, Matty & J.Revelation titled **MADEIT* & JOYFULNOISE

DOWNLOAD MUSIC; AM JESUS BY CYPHER


kreativemindz9ja: which famous song or sound production ultimately describes what you'd like your music production to sound like?

Cypher: When I listen to lecrae, Da Truth, Trip Lee & Andy Mineo their songs really inspire me, so I would love my songs to sound like that, Cos they gat real influence and stand for what is good

kreativemindz9ja: what do you think about Gospel rap artist, do you think they are making head ways like their secular counter part?

Cypher: Yes, christian hip hop is doing beter than it use to, you must realise that the world is a secular place but in spite of that everybody wants to listen to something that makes them feel connected

kreativemindz9ja: when people listen to your music, what do you want him or her to take away?

Cypher: When people listen to my song, I want them to believe in God and also believe in themselves cos that's the two most powerful force in the universe

Kreativemindz9ja: If you could choose to work with some of today's established artists and producers, to move your game to the top, with whom would you like to collaborate?

Cypher: Locally I would love to work with Frank Edwards, Spokesman, E'Ben and on foreign scene it would be Andy Mineo

Kreativemindz9ja: in your expirence so far, what is the best piece of advice in the business you actually followed?

Cypher: Be the best version of yourself, Never see anyone as a competition, if you feel you're not doing good, work on yourself till you see the result you desire, remember people will criticize you and make you feel less wonderful but never give up, persist, be focus and determine when you get to the top they will all celebrate you

Kreativemindz9ja: you've released about seven songs, which will you say has been a hit?

Cypher: #Luzn my mind #Goodlife #AmJesus #DejuTateh these are my songs that are widely known and played on Radio stations

kreativemindz9ja: where do you see yourself in the next five years?

Cypher: Hmmm,(smiles) with what am getting right now, I see the future is bright, I five years I would be a house hold name, my impact would be evident on youth, I will be holding national and world tours, and some day Monarchy musik will be in the frontier

Kreativemindz9ja: what do you have to say to fans out there

Cypher: Thanks for supporting us all these years, you're the reason why Monarchy Musik has come this far, we appreciate you, and y'all should Anticipate our new songs #MADEIT #ALWAYSHERE #JOYFULNOISE



CONNECT WITH CYPHER ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Instagram: @jasoncypher3463644
Twitter: @newsongbycypher

No comments